Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Engine Swap  (Read 708 times)

Offline conrad

• View Profile
Engine Swap
« on: Feb 04, 2009, 10:38:02 pm »
what engine can i put in a 2001 celica gts that will line up with the stock trans?

Offline wadadlianu

• Senior Master
    • View Profile
Engine Swap
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2009, 10:46:26 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  Honestly the stock engine is the only one I can think of with that bolt pattern.  You may want to check some of the other forums as this one is basically specializing in the rwd older shape vehicles.

You are encouraged to make yourself at home however, as most of us are just interested in our Toyota Celicas

Offline Dougs85GT

• Senior Master
  • Currently celica-less R.I.P. Puff :(
    • View Profile
Engine Swap
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2009, 10:52:12 pm »
Yea were mostly RWD, not that we'll exclude anyone but we won't likely know enough about your car to help much

Offline 85CelicaGT

• Forum Master
    • View Profile
Engine Swap
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2009, 11:47:40 pm »
:agree:  yup RWD is what most of specialize in but welcome to the forum
(Sold) R.I.P 1985 Toyota Celica GT AKA Cindy (Sold to A2O)

Daily Driver 1991 Toyota Camry DX
Living with ADHD and OCD is hard.....
ADHD is like...Oh look a kitty
OCD is like....CLEAN IT!!!!!!!

Offline shonuff

• Senior Master
    • View Profile
    • Black Sheep Auto
Engine Swap
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2009, 12:40:39 am »
every body made sure to tell ya they dont know, but didnt help you on your quest.

try www.celicatech.com    its like here cept they specialize in the newer cars.

Offline buzzbomber85gt

• Senior Master
  • "Yakuza Cruiza"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=328323
Engine Swap
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2009, 01:01:22 am »
1zz and 2zz only unless you run a different transmission. 3sgte has been done as well as many other motors. don't feel like too much of a minority. I have an st162 and its my second ff celica. fun to drive. forgot to mention if you have auto or 6spd. your best bet is to rebuild the 2zz with some good pistons and boost it with a supercharger or gt28rs turbo. lots of aftermarket available for the 7th gen.

----------------------
96 jeep xj 2door daily
87 k5 Blazer rock crawler
99 F150 supercab 4x4. wifes truck
LOOKING FOR 88-89 alltrac!

Offline Sigma Projects

• Senior Master
    • View Profile
    • http://www.SigmaProjects.org
Engine Swap
« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2009, 01:59:18 am »
1zz and 2zz only unless you run a different transmission. 3sgte has been done as well as many other motors. don't feel like too much of a minority. I have an st162 and its my second ff celica. fun to drive. forgot to mention if you have auto or 6spd. your best bet is to rebuild the 2zz with some good pistons and boost it with a supercharger or gt28rs turbo. lots of aftermarket available for the 7th gen.
definitly. Yamaha did a FREAKIN awesome job on the 2ZZ head, going to another motor seems like wasted money IMO. If you have a 2ZZ you can do a lot of nice things with it because of the nice valve train and awesome flow rates.

Hass Pro Turbo I think was doing something like 400hp with a turbo and supporting external mods, but nothing touched on the internals, kind of a thing to show how well the 2ZZGE was built.

1984 Celica GT Coupe    sold and missed it
1983 Celica GT Coupe    attacked... will miss it (RIP) JY
1982 Celica GT Liftback  sold and won't miss it, lol
1985 Celica GT Coupe    new love =P
My Website

Offline buzzbomber85gt

• Senior Master
  • "Yakuza Cruiza"
    • View Profile
Engine Swap
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2009, 03:18:01 am »
definitly. Yamaha did a FREAKIN awesome job on the 2ZZ head, going to another motor seems like wasted money IMO. If you have a 2ZZ you can do a lot of nice things with it because of the nice valve train and awesome flow rates.

Hass Pro Turbo I think was doing something like 400hp with a turbo and supporting external mods, but nothing touched on the internals, kind of a thing to show how well the 2ZZGE was built.
indeed but the crank is what lacks in quality. 2zz is prone to spinning rod bearings and sometimes worse with hardly any mileage on them. remind me a lot of the 7mgte and head gasket issues. probably a permanent fix but im not sure.
not sure if its still a site but www.teamcelica.com may be of more information to you. mostly a 7th gen site ;)

----------------------
96 jeep xj 2door daily

Offline tomyc48

• Bronze Member
  • Senior Master
    • View Profile
Engine Swap
« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2009, 04:10:55 am »

indeed but the crank is what lacks in quality. 2zz is prone to spinning rod bearings and sometimes worse with hardly any mileage on them. remind me a lot of the 7mgte and head gasket issues. probably a permanent fix but im not sure.
not sure if its still a site but www.teamcelica.com may be of more information to you. mostly a 7th gen site ;)
ahh yes the 7M head gasket and rod bearings,  i'm guilty on both counts...
and now for my 3rd rebuild, adn this one;s gonna count.  what out 11's here i COME!!!!!
* FCV=future celica victim
83 Celica GT-S (daily driver/ pizza car)
88 MK3.  RIP
81 MK1 (2JZ project) on hold.
85 Celica GT (pizza car)RIP
85 Celica GT-S 7M-GTE swap. sold to craig.
83 Celica GT 2xR hybrid (V-TEC EATER) RIP
81 Celica GT (the Origanal V-TEC Eater) RIP
79 Celica GT (woman driver/red light, enough said) RIP

Offline buzzbomber85gt

• Senior Master
  • "Yakuza Cruiza"
    • View Profile
Engine Swap
« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2009, 04:37:37 am »

ahh yes the 7M head gasket and rod bearings,  i'm guilty on both counts...
and now for my 3rd rebuild, adn this one;s gonna count.  what out 11's here i COME!!!!!
heh same here. my 89 mk3 has gone through 2 headgaskets and finally took a crap on the interstate. pretty sure the rod cap came off #6 or something because it vibrates bad enough your leg cramps on the clutch pedal

----------------------
96 jeep xj 2door daily

cognitive