Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Jun's Current and progressing Celica thread!  (Read 9270 times)

Offline 83GTCoupe

• Gold Member
  • Sensei
    • View Profile
Re: Jun's Current and progressing Celica thread!
« Reply #15 on: Aug 10, 2016, 10:35:43 pm »
Hello Jun,
The car has definitely come a long way since I last saw it. It looks amazing. Keep up the great work!
I have a question for you on the first pictures, at the top of the page. What brand and make are those alloy wheels? The ones before you upgraded to the 15X8.5's. I think they'd look great on a coupe. I may have to sell my GT-S/Supra wheels, and get a set of those instead.
"There are only three types of people: Those who MAKE it happen, Those who WATCH it happen, and Those who wonder... "What just happened?" TimmyRigTech Snooch to the nooch!

Offline twotone_ra64

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Master
  • BACC Founder, Mechanical Design Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Aug 10, 2016, 10:37:17 pm »
Rota Shakotan for the replica, Hayashi Street Type ST for the authentic JDM
Celica the '84 Two-tone RA64 - Phase 2 In Progress! (159k); 1UZ-FE V8 Swap, W58 5-speed swap, Koni x Swift x T3 suspension, 6G Celica seat belts, TRD 2-way LSD, Corolla tape deck
Mia the '91 Miata - Revived Twice! (263k); BP-5A 1.8L swap, an NB in NA clothes
Lilith the '94 Legend GS - The New Smooth Daily™ :shades: (150k)
Lude the '95 Prelude Si - The Dead Tweaker Queen (237k)

Offline 83GTCoupe

• Gold Member
  • Sensei
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Aug 10, 2016, 10:39:38 pm »
Rota Shakotan for the replica, Hayashi Street Type ST for the authentic JDM
Thanks twotone! I think once I get the car transferred, do whatever mechanical repairs it needs, and get it on the road, I'll start looking for a set of 5, so I have a matching spare.
"There are only three types of people: Those who MAKE it happen, Those who WATCH it happen, and Those who wonder... "What just happened?" TimmyRigTech Snooch to the nooch!

Offline twotone_ra64

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Master
  • BACC Founder, Mechanical Design Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Aug 10, 2016, 10:43:53 pm »
Thanks twotone! I think once I get the car transferred, do whatever mechanical repairs it needs, and get it on the road, I'll start looking for a set of 5, so I have a matching spare.

No problem!  :biggrin: That sounds like a great plan. Usually the Rotas (new) can be had for $500-600 for a set of 4 (or around $150 per wheel) depending on where you get them. The Hayashis... well, be prepared to sell an organ. 14x7 +7mm are nearly $1300 for a set of 4 new...

I'm actually planning on getting the Rotas because of costs.. of course. And 15x7 +0mm weighs 14lbs each which isn't bad at all!
Celica the '84 Two-tone RA64 - Phase 2 In Progress! (159k); 1UZ-FE V8 Swap, W58 5-speed swap, Koni x Swift x T3 suspension, 6G Celica seat belts, TRD 2-way LSD, Corolla tape deck
Mia the '91 Miata - Revived Twice! (263k); BP-5A 1.8L swap, an NB in NA clothes
Lilith the '94 Legend GS - The New Smooth Daily™ :shades: (150k)
Lude the '95 Prelude Si - The Dead Tweaker Queen (237k)

Offline 83GTCoupe

• Gold Member
  • Sensei
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Aug 10, 2016, 11:26:19 pm »
No problem!  :biggrin: That sounds like a great plan. Usually the Rotas (new) can be had for $500-600 for a set of 4 (or around $150 per wheel) depending on where you get them. The Hayashis... well, be prepared to sell an organ. 14x7 +7mm are nearly $1300 for a set of 4 new...

I'm actually planning on getting the Rotas because of costs.. of course. And 15x7 +0mm weighs 14lbs each which isn't bad at all!
Knock-off will do me just fine. No need to sell a kidney, for me. :heh:
If they look that good, I'm OK with them not being real JDM. They're just wheels, after all. :rolleyes:

Offline Dr.Jun.Manabe

• Deez Bitches Rollin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Aug 11, 2016, 12:20:28 am »
Hello Jun,
The car has definitely come a long way since I last saw it. It looks amazing. Keep up the great work!
I have a question for you on the first pictures, at the top of the page. What brand and make are those alloy wheels? The ones before you upgraded to the 15X8.5's. I think they'd look great on a coupe. I may have to sell my GT-S/Supra wheels, and get a set of those instead.

Thanks Coupe! I am actually still running the same size wheels, just a different type of wheel though haha, I have been 15x8 +0 for yearrrs and still am, it fits just right! These particular alloys were Rota Shakotans, but currently I have the TE37 V knock offs from Rota lol. 
'85 Celica GT Liftback -Black Lighter- (Daily)
-Megan AE86 32-way coilovers, T3 RCAs, T3 lateral bar, Cusco front tower bar, custom rear tower bar, boxed LCAs, ES poly bushings, Cube Speed short shifter, Stoptech slotted rotors, EBC Yellowstuff pads, Technafit stainless steel brake lines, Tomei 1.5 Way LSD, Rota Grid V wheels, Cusco Bride Vios 3 bucket seat, Nardi Classic 340mm steering wheel, stock motor w/ SV3 test pipe, 2.5in exhaust, and a cone filter.
'85 Celica GT Liftback -Evangeline-
'84 Celica GT-S Liftback -Silver Bullet- *SOLD* will be missed
'85 Celica Supra P-Type -Lucrezia- (2JZ-GE swapped, broken)
'73 Plymouth Scamp

Offline 83GTCoupe

• Gold Member
  • Sensei
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Aug 11, 2016, 12:29:33 am »
Oh snap! Didn't know those were 15's as well. Either way, they look great on our cars, IMHO. I'd upgrade to a 15 anyway, if I'm spending the money.  ;)

Offline Dr.Jun.Manabe

• Deez Bitches Rollin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Aug 11, 2016, 01:43:49 am »
Do it! The tire selection is alright, but it's a helluva lot better selection than 14's, that's for sure!
-Megan AE86 32-way coilovers, T3 RCAs, T3 lateral bar, Cusco front tower bar, custom rear tower bar, boxed LCAs, ES poly bushings, Cube Speed short shifter, Stoptech slotted rotors, EBC Yellowstuff pads, Technafit stainless steel brake lines, Tomei 1.5 Way LSD, Rota Grid V wheels, Cusco Bride Vios 3 bucket seat, Nardi Classic 340mm steering wheel, stock motor w/ SV3 test pipe, 2.5in exhaust, and a cone filter.
'73 Plymouth Scamp

Offline Dr.Jun.Manabe

• Deez Bitches Rollin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Aug 18, 2016, 08:46:45 pm »
New Update! Got around to doing a few things to the celi.

LCE Billet spark plug separator, really nice piece!

And my new Megan MD-T Muffler, very quiet, will upload a video later on. Stealthy :spiteful:

'73 Plymouth Scamp

Offline s3cf

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Aug 19, 2016, 05:10:19 pm »
New Update! Got around to doing a few things to the celi.

LCE Billet spark plug separator, really nice piece!

how much drop do you have in the rear ?   2"?

Offline Dr.Jun.Manabe

• Deez Bitches Rollin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Aug 19, 2016, 05:39:39 pm »
how much drop do you have in the rear ?   2"?

From stock height? I am not sure, like 4 inches? lol.
'73 Plymouth Scamp

Offline s3cf

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Aug 19, 2016, 08:12:32 pm »
that's quite massive

Offline Dr.Jun.Manabe

• Deez Bitches Rollin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Aug 19, 2016, 10:08:35 pm »
that's quite massive

These things are like 4x4s at stock height haha. Picture from yeaaaaaars ago.

'73 Plymouth Scamp

Offline Dr.Jun.Manabe

• Deez Bitches Rollin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Aug 20, 2016, 02:01:38 am »
*Update!* Made a video "Sound Testing" the new muffler, wait till the end, lol!

https://youtu.be/x27jc3xXEq8
'73 Plymouth Scamp

Offline 83GTCoupe

• Gold Member
  • Sensei
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Aug 20, 2016, 03:46:17 am »
These things are like 4x4s at stock height haha. Picture from yeaaaaaars ago.

HAHAHA! Probably not necessary at all in SoCal, but extremely helpful in the NE, where snow can get as much as 48" high.  :yes:

cognitive