Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Jun's Current and progressing Celica thread!  (Read 9268 times)

Offline Dr.Jun.Manabe

• Deez Bitches Rollin'
    • View Profile
Re: Jun's Current and progressing Celica thread!
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2022, 02:10:21 am »
The old nylon tooth timing gear strikes again. Can you believe they did that to make it quieter?

I know, it's ridiculous! My pops said the first thing he did on these motors in the day was to replace it. I assumed the previous owner changed it out to a steel one as he put in a mild cam, but the chunks I found in the oil confirm otherwise, blah.

are the nylon timing gears still available for purchase? Could always get it done in some other material.

No idea, and I sure shit wouldn't put one back in, LOL. I have a nice steel, adjustable, double roller I am putting in.
'85 Celica GT Liftback -Black Lighter- (Daily)
-Megan AE86 32-way coilovers, T3 RCAs, T3 lateral bar, Cusco front tower bar, custom rear tower bar, boxed LCAs, ES poly bushings, Cube Speed short shifter, Stoptech slotted rotors, EBC Yellowstuff pads, Technafit stainless steel brake lines, Tomei 1.5 Way LSD, Rota Grid V wheels, Cusco Bride Vios 3 bucket seat, Nardi Classic 340mm steering wheel, stock motor w/ SV3 test pipe, 2.5in exhaust, and a cone filter.
'85 Celica GT Liftback -Evangeline-
'84 Celica GT-S Liftback -Silver Bullet- *SOLD* will be missed
'85 Celica Supra P-Type -Lucrezia- (2JZ-GE swapped, broken)
'73 Plymouth Scamp

Offline blockade-runner85

• View Profile
Re: Jun's Current and progressing Celica thread!
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2022, 06:42:44 am »
First time going through this thread and my god i get so much inspiration while looking through your modifications and stuff with your ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL car. I really hope you do awesome things with her outside this shitstain called the golden state. Giving me so many ideas on how to tackle my car now, what with the ignition coil change (my car on initial crank will drop all the way down to around 8 amps and half the time wont even crank. possibly starter solenoid issue), lsd, and other stuff too.
85 RA64 LB 5MT (T3 suspension bits coming soon! :D )
97 4Runner 2wd Auto (showing signs of rodknock..)

cognitive