Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Columbus Ohio  (Read 242 times)

Offline Long Shaun Silver

• View Profile
Hello from Columbus Ohio
« on: Apr 25, 2019, 03:06:05 am »
I bought a 2000 Toyota Celica GTS 6-Speed a couple months ago. It's got 176,000 and it's previous owners did not take care of it very well. It's leaking oil, there's play in almost every suspension component, almost every body panel has been poorly repaired and the list goes on and on. This car will be my daily driver and I am going to attempt to restore the car to the point where it is completely reliable. The catch is I have to do it all on a shoestring budget and drive the car to work six days a week. I'm joining this forum for the wealth of information contained within it's pages and it's members.

I will post and upload photos as often as I can if anyone is interested in the arduous journey ahead of me with this vehicle, and I humbly seek the advice, knowledge and experience of all of you who read this.

I look forward to the future discussions.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me

-Shaun

Offline RedCar

• View Profile
Re: Hello from Columbus Ohio
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2019, 02:54:20 am »
The catch is I have to do it all on a shoestring budget and drive the car to work six days a week.

Either it's already reliable enough, or you're a damn good mechanic to pull off major restoration without a backup car!

Sounds like it will be an adventure!  :thumbs: We like pictures here!
83 GT Sport

Offline twotone_ra64

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Master
  • BACC Founder, Mechanical Design Engineer
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Columbus Ohio
« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2019, 03:28:44 pm »
Hello and welcome! That 2ZZ-GE engine should last a while, make sure to take care of it. :)
'84 Celica GT - Phase 2 In Progress! (159k); W58 5-speed swap, Koni x Swift x T3 suspension, 22R-E delete, TRD 2-way LSD, Konig Rewind 15x7 +0mm, zenki taillights, '98 Camry cassette player for maximum a e s t h e t i c

'91 Miata - Daily/Track (235k); the driver's perfect roadster; BP-5A 1.8L swap, NB Koni x Ground Control coilovers, GWR endlinks, FM sway bars, HD Deuce rollbar