Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from California  (Read 294 times)

Offline koh_bruh

• @koh_bruh
    • View Profile
Hello from California
« on: Jun 27, 2019, 05:25:50 am »
To be honest this is my first non American car I bought a 1985 coupe I’m excited straight body interior needs work but excited. Just want to introduce my self I’m David Perez from the Bay Area with a new Toy

Offline silverliftback

• View Profile
Re: Hello from California
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2019, 06:03:33 am »
Congrats on the coupe David, just the one picture but it's looking good!

The forum isn't as lively as it once was but there's a lot of good info in the past threads.  My 85 Celica was my first hobby car and the car is put together in such a straightforward way that it made it easy to work on, even for me.
1985 5sp GT-S liftback (2016-2018, sold)

Offline Lone.mincer_

• @lone.mincer_
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2019, 08:45:28 am »
Welcome! Have you got in touch with twotone alex? Hes the president for bay area classic celicas on facebook. Nice to hear that your willing to save a dragon!

Offline twotone_ra64

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Master
  • BACC Founder, Mechanical Design Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 27, 2019, 04:19:57 pm »
Hello and welcome, David! Your coupe looks great, can't wait to see what you get into with it! As Lone.mincer_ mentioned, I founded a Bay Area-based Celica group, and you are more than welcome to join! The Facebook group is mostly for coordinating events and meetups, the occasional Craigslist/Pick n Pull find, and local parts. Definitely do make a build thread here in the forum to document your work and progress on your car! :)
'84 Celica GT - Phase 2 In Progress! (159k); W58 5-speed swap, Koni x Swift x T3 suspension, 22R-E delete, TRD 2-way LSD, Konig Rewind 15x7 +0mm, zenki taillights, '98 Camry cassette player for maximum a e s t h e t i c

'91 Miata - Daily/Track (235k); the driver's perfect roadster; BP-5A 1.8L swap, NB Koni x Ground Control coilovers, GWR endlinks, FM sway bars, HD Deuce rollbar

Offline Sigma Projects

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • http://www.SigmaProjects.org
« Reply #4 on: Jul 09, 2019, 04:58:24 pm »
I swear, I think all the Celicas in CA have rolled over to the Bay Area. You guys are multiplying fast :heh:
1984 Celica GT Coupe    sold and missed it
1983 Celica GT Coupe    attacked... will miss it (RIP) JY
1982 Celica GT Liftback  sold and won't miss it, lol
1985 Celica GT Coupe    new love =P

2000 Honda Insight Daily Beater
1987 MR2 now mine because brother in law got shit from the father in law :heh:
My Instagram
My Website