Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi all!  (Read 747 times)

Offline Blown5vz

• View Profile
Hi all!
« on: Oct 14, 2019, 11:36:49 pm »
Hey folks! Just ran across your site looking for a custom decal. I have a specialty auto repair shop in central Kansas I only work on Toyota and Honda. Well I fix other cars my customers drive American and various Asian cars too but I try to focus on what I know best. Anyway that’s about it personally I’m pretty boring all my wife and I do is work haha. I am building a white 85 celica gt street car. it’s got a supercharged 5vz with an a340 and has a 2wd v6 pickup rear end with a 4Runner carrier 4.10 gears with a locker and it runs on e-85. Thanks for having me I’ll try to offer any help I can and I’m sure I will get more in return with this big of a community.
It's cheaper to do it right the first time

Offline Matt35

• View Profile
Re: Hi all!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2019, 01:49:50 am »
Throw up some pics!

Offline Blown5vz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2019, 01:34:11 pm »
ok here is a few its just got back from paint about 3 weeks ago. I am just this week putting it back together so I don't have any of it all done yet.

Offline Matt35

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 15, 2019, 03:12:19 pm »
That's pretty awesome man. Did you have to fabricate all your mounts?

Offline Blown5vz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2019, 03:57:34 pm »
yes 100% all of the fabrication and parts selection/installation r&d etc is mine. I did the body and primer also and had another painter shoot it. its been a lot of work on my schedule its been difficult to get it to this point like 13 years or so but I see the end of the tunnel finally! tks for looking

Offline corax

• Forum Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 16, 2019, 12:26:47 am »
Nice!  I don't think I've seen a 5VZ in one of these yet.  Props on a clean build  :thumbs:
'85 RA64 Celica GT notchback

Offline Blown5vz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Oct 16, 2019, 03:57:01 pm »
tks corax I hadn't either fact it started out as a "hold my beer watch this I'm going to put a v6 in this nice old Celica".... actually I originally had installed a 3vz with the a340 out of a 91 2wd v6 pickup in it 13 years ago and never got around to getting it running it sat in a barn all this time. I wanted a 3.4 real bad but at the time they were pretty pricey used since they hadn't been out very long. so a few years ago I came across a good used 160k 5vz and bought it. and I got the bug to drag the old Celica out of the barn. and after a ton of time and money later its a running driving almost done project. it fits beautifully lots of room looks like its factory people comment on that all the time. tks for looking

Offline Blown5vz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Oct 18, 2019, 07:49:49 pm »
I finished the exterior today and man am I glad to see the end of this tunnel not kidding one bit! here is a few more pics and I will get off the introductions area. I drained all the alcohol out and put it on pump gas for the winter took it for one last cruise before putting her up. its going in the paint booth to sit covered up for the winter and out of my hair and harms way in the shop. Ill finish the interior and dyno it next year so Ill be back.  tks for looking!

Offline Matt35

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Oct 18, 2019, 09:07:28 pm »
How much power do you think she's putting out with that setup?

Offline Blown5vz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Oct 18, 2019, 09:35:34 pm »
Its a conservative r&d build Matt but mathematically looking for 395 at the crank w/o nitrous. Now I said that it probly wont make it haha

Offline twotone_ra64

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Master
  • BACC Founder, Mechanical Design Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Oct 19, 2019, 06:38:30 pm »
Whoa! This is seriously cool, didn't know you could stuff a 5VZ in the engine bay! Can't wait to see what it can do.
'84 Celica GT - Phase 2 In Progress! (159k); W58 5-speed swap, Koni x Swift x T3 suspension, 22R-E delete, TRD 2-way LSD, Konig Rewind 15x7 +0mm, zenki taillights, '98 Camry cassette deck

'91 Miata - Daily Duties (240k); the driver's roadster; BP-5A 1.8L swap, NB Koni x Ground Control coilovers, FM sway bars, HD Deuce rollbar, NB dash + MOMO Monte Carlo

Offline Blown5vz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Oct 21, 2019, 07:13:10 pm »
tks twotone! It fits perfect except for having to cut the hood up and fabing a lot of things but that's typical on most all swaps. besides all that it fits just like factory you wouldn't believe it unless you saw it close up. I will be back on here occasionally now the car is put up for winter. but for sure next year when she's for sure all done and I'm out driving it and can comment on things.  fwtw everything works- heater, a/c, power locks/windows/antenna/mirrors, even p/s and the rear wiper washer/wiper still works and the rear washer fluid bag still holds fluid and the pump works like its not 34 years old. (that's why I love old Toyota's everything always still works in them) the cruise and ecu controlled shifting of trans was the only deletions. its manual shift electronic with od now. engine management is Haltech 2500. tks for looking

Offline Sigma Projects

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • http://www.SigmaProjects.org
« Reply #12 on: Nov 10, 2019, 03:22:09 am »
Wow! Nice man! Love to hear how that setup sounds.
1984 Celica GT Coupe    sold and missed it
1983 Celica GT Coupe    attacked... will miss it (RIP) JY
1982 Celica GT Liftback  sold and won't miss it, lol
1985 Celica GT Coupe    new love =P

2000 Honda Insight Daily Beater
1987 MR2 now mine because brother in law got shit from the father in law :heh:
My Instagram
My Website

Offline Blown5vz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Nov 11, 2019, 10:28:13 pm »
thanks Sigma! I guess if we can link or post videos etc I will? if so I will post one of a 1/4 mile run after she's tuned nxt year. I'm really wanting to hear what she sounds like from outside too! I have to admit I hate the way the exhaust sounds actually. its 2 1/2 all the way out and ends at a pretty small dimension 2 1/2 id straight thru "muffler". but on the bright side the blower really wines from up front thru the air intake. that should be interesting hearing her go by at 7500 rpm?!

Offline Sigma Projects

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • http://www.SigmaProjects.org
« Reply #14 on: Nov 12, 2019, 03:21:11 am »
yea just host it on YT and post the link here. You're revving it out to 7500 ? Nice!
1984 Celica GT Coupe    sold and missed it
1983 Celica GT Coupe    attacked... will miss it (RIP) JY
1982 Celica GT Liftback  sold and won't miss it, lol
1985 Celica GT Coupe    new love =P

2000 Honda Insight Daily Beater
1987 MR2 now mine because brother in law got shit from the father in law :heh:
My Instagram
My Website

cognitive