Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: RA65 Celica using "KYB AGX Short Stroke Shocks for Supra" from T3 possible?  (Read 224 times)

Offline Yoshioka58

• View Profile
Hey everyone! Was doing some research on shocks to go with weld on coilovers for the front and MX73 Cressida springs and adjustable perchs, and saw that Techno Toy Tuning sells "KYB AGX Short Stroke Shocks for MA60 Supra".

So my questions is will this all bolt it? I believe the rear should be fine to bolt in, but I am not positive about the front and whether that gland nut (or strut spacer what ever you wanna call it) will fit in weld on coils for the Celica.

Any input helps! Thanks.

Offline Sigma Projects

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • http://www.SigmaProjects.org
I thought they had stuff for the 3rd gens. If it's a weld on it should be fine, if it's a complete strut the camber is different if I remember correctly. Also ask T3 if they have shocks specific to the Celica. Front end weight is a bit different.

Edit:
They have full struts available and I noticed they give you store credit for clean stock struts. I wonder how much they give you.
https://technotoytuning.com/toyota/ra64/front-coilover-conversion-ra64-celica
1984 Celica GT Coupe    sold and missed it
1983 Celica GT Coupe    attacked... will miss it (RIP) JY
1982 Celica GT Liftback  sold and won't miss it, lol
1985 Celica GT Coupe    new love =P

2000 Honda Insight Daily Beater
1987 MR2 now mine because brother in law got shit from the father in law :heh:
My Instagram
My Website

Offline twotone_ra64

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Master
  • BACC Founder, Mechanical Design Engineer
    • View Profile
Stick with the RA64 version for your RA65. They will fit fine, the MA61 tophats are rotated 90 degrees. So even if you bolted them on, your camber plates will become caster plates. :P
'84 Celica GT - Phase 2 In Progress! (159k); W58 5-speed swap, Koni x Swift x T3 suspension, 22R-E delete, TRD 2-way LSD, Konig Rewind 15x7 +0mm, zenki taillights, '98 Camry cassette player for maximum a e s t h e t i c

'91 Miata - Daily/Track (235k); the driver's perfect roadster; BP-5A 1.8L swap, NB Koni x Ground Control coilovers, GWR endlinks, FM sway bars, HD Deuce rollbar

Offline Yoshioka58

• View Profile
Ok thanks for your guys input!

Offline ozzie

• Senior Master
    • View Profile
You need RA65/MA60 rear shocks/springs for a GT-S, but RA64 for the front.
'84 Celica GT - 261k mi