Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 86 times)

Offline QueensOfAfrica64

• View Profile
Introduction
« on: May 23, 2020, 02:12:17 am »
Good evening all.

Brand new to this site, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

I guess I'm kind of a newbie to the 'car guy' scene. I don't really work on cars (or own my own for that matter) but I've always wanted to. Just a college kid with a passion and a huge interest in owning a mid-80s vehicle (hopefully Toyota), working on it, learning about how it works (engines, brakes, anything really) and how to fix the many problems that would likely develop. The adventure of learning and driving is what fires me up So, just biding my time these days, learning and reading about different cars, Toyota, racing (huge fan of 80s rallying and the Twincam Turbo Celicas in Africa) and any other automotive stuff I can dig up online. Looking forward to some good adventures with my dream car someday!

I drive a 20+ year old Toyota van these days (family car), but hopefully I can dig up a nice 82 or 83 Celica (dream car) or Celica Supra someday to drive around, maybe take to the track once or twice, idk. So that's it, for the most part. If any of y'all have any comments, suggestions on fun things to do or read that are Toyota or Celica-related, by all means let me know!

Offline twotone_ra64

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Master
  • BACC Founder, Mechanical Design Engineer
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 06:55:46 am »
Hello and welcome! Very cool to see your Toyota enthusiasm! :) Definitely read through the threads and write-up's in the forum to give you an idea of what the Celicas are like and what you can get your hands dirty with.

importarchive.com has a lot of cool brochures and info on discontinued and new Japanese cars.

This thread could give you some inspo, it's one of the cleanest builds I've ever seen for the A60 chassis.

'84 Celica GT - Phase 2 In Progress! (159k); W58 5-speed swap, Koni x Swift x T3 suspension, 22R-E delete, TRD 2-way LSD, Konig Rewind 15x7 +0mm, zenki taillights, '98 Camry cassette player for maximum a e s t h e t i c

'91 Miata - Daily/Track (235k); the driver's perfect roadster; BP-5A 1.8L swap, NB Koni x Ground Control coilovers, GWR endlinks, FM sway bars, HD Deuce rollbar