Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Gecko racing coilovers, yay or nay?  (Read 215 times)

Offline Qfrost

• View Profile
Gecko racing coilovers, yay or nay?
« on: Mar 24, 2022, 02:10:14 am »
Has anyone on here run gecko racing coilovers? I would like to freshen up my suspension sooner then later but techno toy tuning requires you to send a core and I don't want my car to be down all summer waiting on suspension. I know Cressida coilovers fit if you weld then into the front knuckles but I would prefer something that bolts right in. My main questions regarding them are:
-Direct fit with no modifications?
-how do they ride?

Here's the link to said coilovers
https://geckoracingusa.com/products/g-racing-coilover-for-81-85-toyota-celica
Southern Ontario based
-1984 celica gts 5Spd
-2003 bmw 325i drift Missile

Offline blockade-runner85

• View Profile
Re: Gecko racing coilovers, yay or nay?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2022, 02:12:50 am »
No one really makes bolt in solutions for the front. with the front spindle directly mated to the strut tube housing, the only solutions are to weld it in. i think even gecko coils up front are requiring a weld in, but not positive. i spoke with someone local who was running geckos on his MA61 Supra and said theyre fine, he had them set to be completely slammed if i recall. my main issue with running them is i have the solid axle rear and am unsure how they will work in the back, but myself plan to get MX73 cressida front coils and weld them up when i get to that step, then do what twotone did with the rear, full t3 rear mods
85 RA64 LB 5MT (T3 suspension bits coming soon! :D )
97 4Runner 2wd Auto (showing signs of rodknock..)

Offline CWD_06

• View Profile
Re: Gecko racing coilovers, yay or nay?
« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2022, 12:46:42 am »
Did you end up going with them? I've been looking at them for a bit, and was wondering if anyone else had done them. If you did, what did you think, and did you have to modify them at all?

cognitive