Personally Identification Information
We may request personally identification information from you in connection with your use of, or participation in, membership registration for forums, surveys, subscription registrations, content submissions, chats, bulletin boards, discussion groups, requests for suggestions, and in connection with other activities, services or resources we make available on this Site. In all of these cases, we will collect personal identification information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. We will never intentionally disclose any personal identification information about you as an individual user (such as, for example, your full name, street address, telephone number or e-mail address) to any third party without having received your permission. If you do provide us with personal information for any of these activities, we may use it to conduct the activity. We may also use cookie technology (discussed in detail below) to improve your experience of these activities, including remembering your preferences, customizing the content and advertisements that you see or authenticate your access to your personal information. In addition, in the event that your personally identifiable information is requested as part of our surveys or polls, such personally identifiable information may be added to your registration information.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your information and password. You shall be responsible for all uses of your registration, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your registration or password.
Non-Personally Identification Information
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the Site, read pages, or download information, CGTS will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. CGTS automatically collects and stores only the following information about your visit:
- The internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are connected to the internet) from which you access this Site;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access this Site;
- The date and time you access this Site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to this Site from another website, the address of that website. CGTS uses the information we collect to count the number and type of visitors to the different pages on this Site, and to help CGTS make the Site more useful to visitors like you.
You may be asked to complete a registration form and provide personally identifiable information; you may also be asked to choose a user ID and password in order to take advantage of certain features this Site may choose to offer, including, but not limited to, forums, newsletters or other subscription based services.
As a benefit of CGTS membership, subscribers may receive the following communications from CGTS:
- Communications related to CGTS subscription maintenance activities. These communications may include, without limitation, notices regarding material changes to site policies, service updates, service enhancements, and account management procedures. Since these communications are necessary to ensure CGTS provides subscribers with the highest quality of services, CGTS subscribers are not permitted to opt-out from receipt of these communications.
- Newsletter Communications. As a benefit of a CGTS subscription, we may send CGTS subscribers exclusive newsletters. To unsubscribe to a newsletter, a subscriber can either (i) follow the instructions at the bottom of any newsletter or (ii) follow the instructions set forth below in "How to Opt-Out".
- Communications containing information about CGTS products and services. CGTS may send promotional e-mails and other outbound communications to subscribers regarding products and services from CGTS. Any subscriber that does not wish to receive such product and service communications can choose to remove his or her contact information from the CGTS contact list at any time by (i) following the instructions at the bottom of any promotional e-mail or (ii) following the instructions set forth below in "How to Opt-Out".
How to Opt-Out
To opt-out of receiving communications you have expressly requested (such as e-mail newsletters, news updates, etc.), use any of the following methods:
- Select the e-mail "opt-out" or "unsubscribe" link, or follow the opt-out instructions included in each subscription communication.
- Return to the web page(s) where you originally registered your preferences and follow the opt-out instructions.
- Write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to provide your name and e-mail address, and relevant information about your CGTS subscriptions and registrations.
If You Send Us E-Mail
You may choose to provide CGTS with personal information, as in e-mail with a comment or question. CGTS uses the information to improve our service to you or to respond to your request. Sometimes CGTS will forward your e-mail to other CGTS employees, representatives or authorized concessioners who may be better able to help you. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, CGTS does not share e-mails with any other outside organizations.
Links to Other Websites
This Site may make forums, message boards, chat rooms, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. Exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. Although we value individual ideas and encourage free expression, CGTS reserves the right to take necessary action to preserve the forum's integrity, such as removing any posting that is vulgar or inappropriate.
CGTS does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems.
This site has reasonable security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse and interception by third parties. CGTS assumes no liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the internet.
Consent to Transfer
This Site is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using this Site, participating in any of our services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
Revised and posted as of: October 19, 2006